Occupational health and safety is an integral part of Waves Logistics operation. Our primary concern is the safety of our employees, our customers, our contractors and the wider community by managing our people and our work practices in a safe and responsible way.
We fully recognise the importance of achieving good standards of occupational health & safety management and the impact this has on the effectiveness and sustainability of our business and are fully committed to complying with all applicable health & safety legislation and constantly strive to achieve best practice in all areas of our operations.
We ask every employee, contractor and guest to help achieve our goals by:
- Identify and monitor the health & safety hazards and risks associated with our operations and put in place such controls as may be necessary to eliminate or reduce them.
- continually and effectively preventing injury and ill health and improving our occupational health and safety performance.
- Providing necessary occupational health and safety information, instructions and training to enable all colleagues to carry out their jobs competently and safely.
- Effectively communicating with people employed by contractors to make them aware of their individual occupational health and safety obligations.
- Provide all employees with appropriate personal protective equipment to limit their exposure to occupational health & safety risks.
This policy will be regularly reviewed to ensure that they adequately reflect our commitment to continually improve our occupational health and safety management systems and performance.